Hi, my name is James Lagergren, I own Rainshadow Home Inspection. I’m glad you are here, thanks so much for visiting my business and I look forward to helping you. Choose us for all of your inspection needs.
- Our goal is to educate and inform you about the condition of your home
- Inspections generally take 2-5 hours (depending on size and condition)
- Scheduling, Contracts, Payments and Reports all streamlined online
- Reports within 24 hours
- Optional, free report consultation (skype or phone)
Top Notch Inspection Services
- Professional and Detailed Home and Pest Inspections – Infrared Thermography (included)
- Pre-Offer Consultations – Service for sellers and sellers agent – agents there is no report! (click for details)
- Flexible Scheduling to meet your needs – Often available within 72 hours, 7 days a week – After hours? No problem!
- Energy Assessments – Using building science and tools
- Blower Door Testing – builders special to pass State Energy Code
- Mold Testing (air sampling) Special Price: 2 samples $350 (local)
Experience, Integrity and Insurance
- 16 years experience building houses
- Member, Homebuilders Association
- Washington State Licensed Home Inspector #1799
- Washington Department of Ag Licensed Pest Inspector #94987
- Graduate University of California, BA
A well built and aesthetically pleasing deck is something that is almost a universal symbol of relaxation and leisure. I think it's also true that everyone wants to be on a safe deck. In order to understand decks we can use the terms "it meets code" or "it's solidly...
James Lagergren is the President of Rainshadow Home Inspection and Rainshadow Inspection Services Inc. Services include pre-sale home inspections, new construction walk-throughs, Energy Audits, Blower Door Testing, Infared Thermography, Moisture...
James Lagergren is the President of Rainshadow Home Inspection and Rainshadow Inspection Services Inc. Services include pre-sale home inspections, new construction walk-throughs, Energy Audits, Blower Door Testing, Infared Thermography, Moisture Evaluations and...
This post is written by James Lagergren, a licensed home inspector out of Port Townsend, Washington (License 1799) and Structural Pest Inspector (SPI 94987) on behalf of Rainshadow Home Inspection. They can be reached at (360) 301-2035 or by email at...
Many of my clients are concerned and rightly so with the presence of wood destroying organisms in their home. Whether you are a buyer looking to purchase a home or a homeowner who wants to protect your property, then the presence of wood destroying insects...
Mold What is mold? We answer several questions concerning the topic of mold, discussing several issues that affect the overall health of the home. Why is mold growing in my home?Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part...
The only thing that remains after the day of the inspection is the inspection report and your inspection response. My reports are aimed to help your expectations match the house and help you make the right decision for yourself. I won’t charge you more after the inspection to explain the conditions observed at the house. That’s my job and the promise of excellent service for you and your agent.
- Read our testimonials. All google reviews are on the bottom of the page.
- Inspection Costs Sheet
- Locally owned and operated in Port Townsend, WA – Servicing all of Puget Sound
- What is a good inspection?
Active participant in promoting more out of the home inspection profession:
Professional License #1799
WA SPI #94987
Rainshadow Home Inspection is an affiliate member of:
Check us out on Facebook!